I'm having problems syncing, what should I do?
If you're on the iPad and you're using WiFi, the first thing you should do is try the iTunes file sharing method. WiFi networks are fairly unreliable.
They often do ok for short bits of data but when transferring large amounts things start to go wrong.
If you're on the iPhone and have to use WiFi you should try the following:
- Reboot all the devices on the data path between your iPhone/iPod and your PC, this includes any wireless routers, modems, and the iPhone /iPod as well as the PC.
- Make sure that all firewall software is turned off. Do this just to make sure that the network is working ok, you can bring up the firewall again and change the settings once you know what the problem is.
- If you're using an iPhone turn off bluetooth.
- Read the entries in the 'Transferring Comics' FAQ section.
- Follow the advice on the 'iGoodWare' guide, http://www.goodiware.com/gr-man-tr-wifi-create.html.
If you're still having problems you can post a question on the discussion boards, please make sure that you include:
- What device you're using.
- The type of PC you're using.
- What you've tried.
- What's going wrong and what error, if any you're getting. Please describe what's going wrong in detail, don't just say 'comics don't transfer'!