Format support

Invisifan

19 Mar, 2015 08:05 PM

With comic image resolution and therefore file sizes expanding exponentially and since the spec does not guarantee anything about it, there is likely to be a shift soon to better image formats internally — specifically webp — this is already supported by a variety of readers across essentially all platforms (or about to be — some are in beta testing), and to make the difference obvious comics using this form will most likely be packaged in CBT or CB7 form, which I note ComicZeal (alone among noteable readers) does not support. (fair warning)

1. 1 Posted by righter on 13 Jul, 2015 12:13 AM

I would love to have some support for webp, since I am always running out of space on my Ipad Air (128g!) because of the comics I carry on it! More importantly, when/if - the feature does get introduced, I hope there's an option to convert all the comics already in your library to the webp format in order to quickly free up space. This would be immensely helpful since the way ComicZeal stores the comics doesn't make it easy to export them out again in order to carry out the conversion process.

In fact, even if ComicZeal doesn't introduce webp - I'd love for there to be an option to recompress library comics to some extent to minimize size. Doesn't have to be very customizable, but I should (hope) to be able to screen-native sizes, at least.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac