Import problem

Hervé Masquelier

20 Apr, 2017 04:56 PM

Hello Emiliano,
I am a long time user of your application and I am very happy.

I just have a recent worry. The application no longer files files with a name containing accented characters. Also if the file contains images whose names contain accented characters.

Example: "The Prometheans - T03 - The Prodigal Son"

cordially
Hervé

1. 1 Posted by Hervé Masquelie... on 21 Apr, 2017 09:34 AM

Sorry, the example is of course: "Les Prométhéens - T03 - Le Fils Prodigue.cbr"

2. 2 Posted by Pascal Meheut on 11 May, 2017 08:28 PM

Same problem. Not only does it not import them but there is not even a mesage

3. 3 Posted by Pascal Meheut on 11 May, 2017 08:39 PM

In fact, it does not import "some files", even if their names do not contain any accent and are exactly like others, perfectly visible in SimpleComics for instance.

And once again, having no error message is a bummer.

4. 4 Posted by Hervé Masquelie... on 12 May, 2017 05:26 AM

I have only this problem with accented characters (I haven't tested with pdf). With both cbr/cbz and files contained within, without accented characters, I haven't problem.

5. 5 Posted by Firas on 13 May, 2017 12:34 PM

I think i have the same problem since more than 2 weeks.
    Everytime i import comics through the web, the ipad screen fluctuate as when the comics are uploaded but then i cant find the uploaded comics nowhere..
    The situation even is getting worse lately as some already uploaded comics are vanishing !!!!!
    Appreciate your assistance brothers.

6. 6 Posted by bibu on 21 May, 2017 11:24 AM

Hi

Same issue here since a couple of weeks, the import is randomly not working.
    I have either some comics that do not want to be imported and stay in the root of the document view (in itune, app) or some are duplicated as they are stuck also in the root folder...

7. 7 Posted by Domogoro on 07 Jun, 2017 01:58 PM

Hello,
    I've got this problem of file import ( filename with accented characters) since a couple of weeks.
    This problem occurs only with IOS 10.3.1 !... With IOS 10.2.1 import files with accented characters works properly.
    I've tested import of these kind of files with an other BD app (Cloudreaders) : it works properly under IOS 10.3.1 !...
    Thank you for your help.

8. 8 Posted by Domogoro on 07 Jun, 2017 06:52 PM

More information about this problem :
    - the problem occurs in case of accented characters in the name of file (Pdf, cbr, cbz, rar) or in the name of files contained in the archives cbr, cbz, rar.
    - the problem occurs in case of import files through iTunes, with web browser and from Dropbox.
    - the problem occurs from IOS 10.3...

9. 9 Posted by Domogoro on 14 Jun, 2017 11:55 AM

hello,
    For example, here is a file with accented characters in its main name and in the names of files within to show the import problem described above...

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac