Comic Zeal Crashes after a minute of use on iPad Pro after OS update

Max

07 Oct, 2016 01:05 AM

Hello - i updated my iPad Pro and now Comic Zeal crashes after about a minute of use. I've tried reinstalling it, and after that i can't even re-import all my comics as zeal crashed during import. I get a normal looking screen, i can thumb through a comic - sometimes the comic crashes on the first page, sometimes i can get to page 10 if i am lucky. I am reading .cbr format files. I also can't load any comics onto my iPad now - i was trying to reload after reinstalling and about 12 load and then it crashed. when i reboot it - it won't continue loading.

1. 1 Posted by GB on 08 Oct, 2016 07:16 AM

I have beeen using ComicZeal on an iPad4 and since updating to iOS 10 have been experiencing similar issues.

The app is crashing after a minute on comics that are coloured but seems to be less likely to crash with b/w books.

I haven't been able to add new books from iTunes since the update. The files do not appear to be moving into the imported comics folder. I have tried cbz and cbr files and neither appear to load.

I hope this information is of some help.

2. 2 Posted by Anwaar on 10 Oct, 2016 04:06 PM

I have been having the same problem. The first 70 gig of comic data was properly uploaded and working fine. Added a few more comics today and the app keeps crashing every minute. When i open the app again, it continues perfectly where i left of. Starting to get annoying haha! Running on iphone 7plus

3. 3 Posted by Warchilde on 11 Oct, 2016 12:21 AM

I feel for you guys, I came here checking exactly that. I have CZ on my IPad Pro and love it but never got a reply when I emailed about iOS 10 compatibility. I decided to wait on updating- glad I did with 50+ gb of books and all the time it takes to organize them.

4. 4 Posted by Block on 28 Dec, 2016 03:08 PM

I have the same problem is this getting fixed?

5. 5 Posted by Hayden on 28 Dec, 2016 10:44 PM

I'm having the same issue after importing about 1gb of books. It was working fine before this without any problems.

6. 6 Posted by Niel on 04 Jan, 2017 10:19 AM

same problem on my ipad pro 12.9 wifi lte 256GB, ios 10.2
    after clicking the icon, is crashes and never gets to the library screen

to the devs, please fix this

7. 7 Posted by Max on 05 Jan, 2017 06:43 PM

Hi gus, i found a simple solution to the problem. I downloaded Chunky from the app store. It's free. Works fantastically - much easier to move and edit stuff. And it's a great experience. Also it's free. That was my solution to ComicZeal - I got a new app called chunky.

Hope that helps

8. 8 Posted by Niel on 05 Jan, 2017 08:42 PM

Got another solution...
    I am shifting to Ti Reader Pro by Tex Develpoment Ltd

Has way more options than Comic Zeal, more intuitive controls, and imho probably the best comic reader out ther supporting more devices, and more document formats compared to other readers. And this is comfirmed to support ipad pro 12.9, wifi lte 256GB on ios 10.2 official and has updated their app dated this week only (2017).

The lite version is free... and the "pro" version is only under $10 which has full functionality and absolute control over your library.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2016-10-06_at_6.03.17_PM.png 532 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac