Occasional pixelated pages

Ray Winninger

04 Sep, 2016 05:24 PM

Love the app. Keep up the great work.

I've recently started experiencing an annoying bug on iPad. Every so often, I'll hit a page that's badly pixelated. I've confirmed that the pixelization is not present in the original source files--I presume it's happening during import. Thankfully, it's pretty rare. If I import 150 comics (always via iTunes), maybe seven or eight of them will have a a single page or two that's pixelated like this.

I've been using the app for years and only started to notice this problem a few months ago, so I'm guessing it's tied to a newer version. (I always run the latest). Any ideas? Thanks again.

1. 1 Posted by Tarik on 22 Feb, 2017 09:55 AM

I'm having the same problem but I can fix my by quitting the app the reopening. Not bad once or twice but it's starting to happen every other page or two now. Having to quit app every two pages isn't the most enjoyable way to read. Any answers for us please?

Cheers

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by emolina on 22 Feb, 2017 10:19 AM

Is it always the same pages?

3. emolina closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2017 10:19 AM.

4. emolina re-opened this discussion on 22 Feb, 2017 10:19 AM

5. 3 Posted by Tarik Bedevi on 01 Mar, 2017 04:25 PM

Hi Emolina

Any advice?

6. 4 Posted by toddacoco on 10 Mar, 2017 05:09 PM

I noticed this when I purchased my new devices. I have an ipad pro 9" and an iphone 7 plus now. And to answer support, yes it seems to be the same pages each time i open that comic. Until I close and reopen the app. When I close and reopen the app it seem to correct those pages but may show up later in the comic or on following comics.
    I am encountering this quite often.

7. 5 Posted by Ray Winninger on 10 Mar, 2017 05:27 PM

Initially, I thought the pixelated pages were the result of something going wrong during the import, but I now know that's not the case. When I encounter a pixelated page, exiting out of the book (not exiting the app; just returning to the Library screen) and then relaunching that book cures the problem.

FWIW, I still see this issue, but not nearly as often as I used to.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac