Imported PDF document caused instant crash - how I solved it

Lee Bentley, Jr.

22 Jul, 2016 09:50 PM

I imported a PDF document created from a Microsoft Word file and for some reason, attempting to display this file caused Comic Zeal to crash immediately. I had 90+GB of comics stored, some of which were irreplaceable due to the original scans being lost, so deleting the app would mean they were gone for good.

This is not an endorsement nor a plug - I am sure there are other file management programs for iOS that could do the same thing that I am about to describe. I used a commercial program called CopyTrans Apps to open the Comic Zeal files on the iPad. I was able to extract all of the comics to my PC hard drive intact. Having done so, I was able to delete the app and reinstall, which of course solved the crash problem. The extracted comics came in the form of images contained in folders, so they will have to be re-compressed individually, but it was a small price to pay to rescue them from Comic Zeal's corrupted system.

Part of the reason I wanted to mention this experience on this forum was to suggest that this functionality be added to Comic Zeal in the future, since it is clearly possible to do.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac