Deleted comics still taking up space?

duck

13 Jun, 2016 07:14 AM

I had a problem before where after a while, the app was using something like 8-10 GBs of space even though i had deleted *all* comics from the app, so I deleted the app and redownloaded it.

Today, I had about 1.5 GB of comics on the phone, but the app was taking up over 4 GB.

I saw the other discussion about image caching, but should there still be image caching on comics that were deleted? Also, this *did* cause space problems on my phone previously, so I don't think those files were getting auto-deleted.

1. 1 Posted by duck on 20 Jun, 2016 02:01 AM

Nothing?

2. 2 Posted by pavel on 23 Jul, 2016 09:39 AM

I have the same problem, the app is still great and worth the price but this issue is quite annoying.

We need some sort or way to free the cache or at least to check the amount of space occupied by the image caching.

3. 3 Posted by louis.falcetti on 25 Jul, 2016 07:14 AM

Same ish. My itunes says that my ipad is 3.35 gigs over capacity which i dont even know how that would happen, because it stops when it hits capacity and says "you are out of space", i don't even know how 3.35 gigs of information could get past the amount of space on the ipad (ipad2 btw).

the last time i loaded about 100 comics on and that maybe took up 2 gigs, this time, i started off by deleting 50 or so comics, then cleaning out my photos and getting rid of some apps and tried to load about 80 comics and its telling me all this storage full nonsense so i'm thinking it may be a similar problem to what is being discussed here.

4. 4 Posted by Richard on 28 Jul, 2016 05:09 AM

I am having the same issue. The app is taking up twice as much space as it should. I am fairly certain this problem only started with 9.1.2

5. 5 Posted by Nick on 08 Aug, 2016 05:53 PM

Same problem, really annoying and the only way to fix seems to be to occasionally delete the app when it gets too big. Very annoying

6. 6 Posted by Jeffrey Lee on 15 Sep, 2016 07:26 PM

Hi guys, not sure if it helps. Did you guys try to "power off' and "power on" again. I know it is not ideal but it did the trick for me. Reclaimed the space.

7. 7 Posted by fantomas on 03 Oct, 2016 09:42 AM

Hey, I have the same problem on my Ipad. Power off and on again didn't solve anything :(
    The only way would be to delete and reinstall Comic Zeal app, meaning I'll have to re-import all the comics already imported.

8. 8 Posted by Richard Foreman on 03 Oct, 2016 09:44 AM

On 3 Oct. 2016, 8:42 pm, at 8:42 pm, fantomas <[email blocked]> wrote:

9. 9 Posted by Betta on 27 Oct, 2016 10:51 AM

Same here.

Any solution, pretty please?

10. 10 Posted by odde on 26 Jan, 2017 03:56 PM

can someone please answer this?
    Removing and reistalling every time is a problem if you use cz very frequently.

11. 11 Posted by ferrynoiz on 12 Mar, 2017 07:52 PM

so i am not the only one that noticed this problem?

is cz going to fix this?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac