Comic frozen and cannot reset app

Nick

25 May, 2016 09:25 PM

I tried to open a newly imported comic - it has frozen on a black screen and nothing is working to reset it.

I tried force quitting, refreshing the iPad and also turning it off completely.

The next step is to delete the app however I don't want to lose all the comics I've got stored on there.

I've added a screenshot. None of the buttons work when pressed (library, home etc).

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by emolina on 26 May, 2016 12:02 AM

Hi Nick, sorry for the hassles and thanks for reaching out.

It's interesting that none of the buttons work, can you please try swiping left to right on the screen, starting from the screen edge and see if that gets you back to the library?

2. 2 Posted by Dave on 30 May, 2016 05:44 PM

I had the exact same problem, something that came along with the recent update. I had to reinstall CZ and lost everything I had saved on my Pro. VERY frustrating. Please let me know if a fix is found

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by emolina on 31 May, 2016 12:14 AM

Dave, at the moment I don't know what the problem is! The first thing I need to do is be able to duplicate it.

Is there anything that you can remember being a little different before the problem occurred?

When you say 'recent update' do you mean in the last couple of weeks?

4. 4 Posted by Warchilde30 on 31 May, 2016 01:05 AM

Yeah the last one a few weeks ago. I don't remember anything out of the ordinary, it just froze while trying to render a page. Even when the app was closed and rebooted it was stuck in the frozen page. There wasn't any responsiveness at all from the app.

I'm nervous about it happening again but everything should be backed up. Thanks for taking the time to reply and troubleshoot

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by emolina on 01 Jun, 2016 04:38 AM

oh! that's a good clue, have you tried the same comic again?

6. 6 Posted by Warchilde30 on 01 Jun, 2016 03:16 PM

Not yet, too nervous lol

7. 7 Posted by Joshua on 02 Jun, 2016 09:55 PM

I have this same problem, I think. Everything will appear fine, then I will try to change a page. At this point the app locks down and I can't do anything. If I am zoomed in (which I usually am), it freezes on the page I am currently on. If I am zoomed out (default view) it will take me to a black screen much like the screenshot above. I did not start having this problem until recently, though I don't have a decent time frame.

iPad Air (first model)
    IOS 9.2.1
    Comic Zeal 9.1.1

8. 8 Posted by Pahn on 05 Jun, 2016 06:36 PM

It freezes for me when I try to import a pdf from Safari. If I close the app, it tries to reopen the same file and freezes again.

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by emolina on 07 Jun, 2016 08:45 AM

Can you (all of you!) please contact me at emolina at bitolithic dot com ? I would really like to get the files you are having issues with so I can try them here.

10. emolina closed this discussion on 07 Jun, 2016 08:45 AM.

11. emolina re-opened this discussion on 07 Jun, 2016 08:46 AM

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by emolina on 07 Jun, 2016 08:46 AM

Accidentally closed discussion, posting again to open.

13. 11 Posted by Warchilde30 on 17 Jun, 2016 06:13 PM

Hi! I noticed there was a recent update. Did it fix this issue?

thx

14. 12 Posted by Joe Maier on 17 Jun, 2016 10:11 PM

No idea. I'm sticking to the old version.

15. Support Staff 13 Posted by emolina on 14 Jul, 2016 04:55 AM

As far as I know it hasn't been fixed unless it was as a side effect of some other work. I wasn't contacted by anybody with the issue. If you have the issue please, please get in touch with me at emolina at bitolithic dot com.

16. 14 Posted by Warchilde30 on 19 Sep, 2016 01:54 PM

Hi- before I download the newest iOS 10 I just want to see if you've gotten any feedback on it and Comic Zeal. CZ is a very important app to me, I just want to make sure it plays well with iOS 10

Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Photo_25-05-2016__5_24_51_PM.png 24.9 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac